“Hey, can I borrow your airplane this weekend? I’ll pay for the gas and your pilots’ expenses…”
Your answer should be “No.” Because paying anything for a privately operated aircraft violates aviation safety and tax regulations virtually everywhere in the world, and carries some very significant financial penalties – including seven-figure fines!
Seven worldwide business aviation industry trade groups have united to inform you about those risks, via the newly created the Air Charter Safety Alliance (ACSA).
In 2018, Business Aviation Advisor began working with the NATA and NBAA to inform owners like you, and enable you to avoid those safety risks and potential financial penalties with both expert articles and podcasts:
- Fifteen Shades of Grey Aircraft Charter (article)
- Shedding More Light On Illegal Charter (podcast)
- Global Warning (article)
- Something’s Borrowed, Someone’s Blue (podcast)
- Are You Covered? (article)
- No More Mister Nice Guy (article)
- It’s a Family Affair (podcast)
- FAA Getting Ahead of Illegal Charters (article)
And to the other five organizations… Welcome Aboard!
From the dangers of illegal charter to what you need to know about owning and operating your aircraft, you can depend on Business Aviation Advisor.